This first snow in Wisconsin has me so excited for a weekend at home with our family of three. We’re having brunch with friends and their newborn today but have nothing planned tomorrow. Hoping for a slow start to the day and some extra cuddles!
I thought I’d share an easy egg bake recipe for you to prep today and pop in the oven tomorrow morning. Plus, the leftovers are great for during the week! If you don’t have time to prep it today, you can make it day of, and it’s just as delicious. My mom was the most amazing baker so I grew up baking far more than cooking, but I’ve learned to love cooking these last few years. With that said, I like to keep things pretty simple. This dish would be perfect to bring over to a new mom. 😉
- 8-10 eggs
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 package of precooked breakfast sausage, cut into small pieces (very official terminology here)
- Note: I use Johnsonville Vermont Maple Syrup Breakfast Sausage Links because I prefer a little something sweet
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits (I use 6 Pillsbury Grands), cut into 6-9 pieces
- ½ – 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.*
- Dice red pepper and onions. Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350.
- Whisk eggs together with a splash of milk. Add biscuits, red pepper, onion, sausage, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour into greased 9×13 baking dish. Add a little more shredded cheese on top.
- You can either cook immediately or you can cover with foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Sometimes the biscuits can be a bit doughy. Plus, I like them golden brown on top so I cook it a little longer.
*Now that I’m a mom, I’ll be starting at step 3 from here on out. The pepper and onion still cook through without the additional prep!