I thought I’d share this first thing Saturday morning in case you have a trip to the grocery store in your future or happen to have some cinnamon rolls in your fridge that need to be eaten this weekend. Winter came fast here in Wisconsin so I’ve been craving alllll of the cozy recipes.
I first found this recipe on Tasty but made some minor changes. I love pairing it with a savory egg bake when I’m hosting friends or family on the weekend – something like this would be great . It’s perfect to make for brunch because who can resist a little something sweet?
- 2 tubes of your favorite cinnamon rolls, with icing
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. milk
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set it aside.
- Pour the butter on the bottom of a 9 X 13 in. baking dish. Spread the cinnamon roll pieces evenly over the butter. Pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls. Pour 1/2 c. maple syrup over the mixture.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes.
- Top with icing from cinnamon rolls once you remove from the oven.