I’ve been making this for five years now after my aunt brought it to our Christmas Eve celebration and sent us each home with a bottle. It’s perfect to sip on after a Christmas Eve dinner or while you’re opening presents on Christmas morning. Cheers from our family to yours!
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/4. c. water
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. vodka
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Make note that you’re going to want to double this recipe right away.
- In a 2 qt. saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and cocoa. Cook until all ingredients have dissolved, stirring until well-combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the condensed milk, cream, vodka and vanilla.
- Chill (both the mixture and you).
- Enjoy over ice!
- If you’ve stored it for a few days in the fridge and notice some separation, shake the bottle or stir the liqueur prior to serving.
Recommendations for transferring:
- Place a glass bottle over a plate in the sink.
- Use a funnel and pour slowly. It will fill much faster than you think!
- Top with a festive cork for the holidays.