I’ve shared this spinach bacon quiche recipe on my Instagram Stories more than a few times, and it’s all thanks to my friend Megan. They served this quiche at her baby shower a few years ago, and I think every guest asked for the recipe. It’s so good that even my aunt who is the queen of cooking and baking asked me for the recipe.
- 1 pie crust (we use the red Pillsbury box in the refrigerated section at the grocery store)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (Megan sometimes uses 1 cup of heavy cream and then milk for the rest)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 lb cooked bacon (chopped)
- I bake mine at 425° for 15-20 min. You can do this the night before, chop and store in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste (I started adding onion powder as well)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place pie crust in 9 in pie pan (Follow your pie crust directions. I need to take mine out of the refrigerator for about 15 min. beforehand)
- Put spinach, bacon and cheese in pie crust
- Mix eggs, cream and salt and pepper in a separate bowl
- Pour egg mixture over the spinach, bacon and cheese filling
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the eggs are set
The beauty of this recipe is that once you make it, you’ll realize you don’t need store bought quiches anymore, and you can use any combination of vegetables and/or meat. I was cleaning out my fridge yesterday, and made this with chopped bell peppers, ham and Swiss cheese. The kids couldn’t get enough of it.